Friday, March 6, 2015

My Michigan Bucket List


I am a Michigan girl, born and raised! Since I have lived here my entire life, there are many beautiful places in the mitten that I have traveled, but there are still so many more that I want to see! This is a list of Michigan cities that I have either never been to, or I traveled to when I was younger but didn't appreciate it as much as I would now.  

1. Traverse City: Wine, wine, wine. Need I say more? In all seriousness though, I would LOVE to tour all the wineries up the peninsula, and I know there are plenty of breweries that Adam would enjoy. Great scenery, a beautiful downtown, and right on the beach also put Traverse City on the top of my of my list.

2. Grand Rapids: Another city that always seems to have so much going on, not to mention it has been named Beer City USA. Our first three stops would be Perrin, New Holland, and Founders.

3. Torch Lake: This lake is said to be the most beautiful lake in Michigan. Judging from the pictures I have seen, it has most definitely earned it's reputation. I would have absolutely no problem spending a week one summer on Torch Lake!

4. Ann Arbor: I have heard wonderful things of downtown Ann Arbor, and while I wouldn't necessarily need to vacation here, I think it would be fun to spend a day walking U of M's campus and shopping/eating downtown.

5. Pentwater: Another summer weekend destination to the beach please! It's true, we really do have the best beaches.



The best part about My Michigan Bucket List is how close each of these cities are. There is no need to use a week's vacation and pay for a flight to travel to these places because all of these places can be visited on the weekend.

What are some places in your home state that you would like to visit?
Anyone planning a trip to Michigan? 

Have a GREAT weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I've been to Torch Lake! It's beautiful! I would love to go to Traverse City! Wine country... hell yes! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traverse City and Pentwater are great--I've been to both. My sister loves Torch Lake. And I live in Grand Rapids, so of course I love it! If you ever make the trip to GR, I'd love to meet up for a drink in Beer City :)

    ReplyDelete