Thursday, January 28, 2016

A White & Whimsical Buffet Makeover



Ahh, it's been a while since I had a big project to show off, and it feels so refreshing to have finished this one! When we moved into our first apartment together, we got all kinds of hand-me-downs that still fill our home today. This buffet was own by my grandparents, followed by my parents, and then passed on to us about 5 years ago.

I really liked it in our living room, especially all the storage it offered. BUT, I wasn't really loving the look of it anymore. I felt like it didn't really match the living room or my vision for my home. I didn't want to get rid of it, but I didn't want to keep it the way it was. I debated for a while, and then I finally got out my chalk paint and went to town!



The process of chalk painting is really quite simple. While this gem required 3 coats of chalk paint, it dries within about an hour, so I was easily able to get it done in little to no time! After sanding and waxing, I picked out some new knobs and this piece was good as new! 






I found these blue knobs at Hobby Lobby and fell in love!




I now have the urge to attack every piece of furniture I own with some a paint brush and some chalk paint! I'm not crazy, I swear!

What fun projects have you been up to lately? Have you fallen under the chalk paint spell yet?