Thursday, October 8, 2015

Crocheted Double V Stitch Blanket


This is the year-long crochet project that I thought would never end. But today I am happy to report... it is finally finished!

I started this blanket last fall with every intention to finish it. Then, my sister made a special request for this double sided shell blanket that she wanted me to make her for Christmas. Needless to say, it took every free moment I had to finish her blanket in time for Christmas, and then I became a little burnt out on making blankets. So as soon as the weather turned cold enough to crochet (below 70) this Fall, I kicked my butt in gear and got to work on finishing this beauty.

I am beyond excited with the final product! It is so warm & cozy and I am so thrilled to curl up on the couch with it each night. 



CROCHETED DOUBLE V STITCH BLANKET PATTERN

SUPPLIES:
CHUNKY YARN (ABOUT 20 SKEINS... I HONESTLY DON'T REMEMBER)
I USED LION BRAND HOMETOWN USA IN ASPEN TWEED
SIZE N HOOK

CH IN MULTIPLES OF 6 UNTIL DESIRED WIDTH

ROW 1: (DC, CH2, DC) IN THE 6TH CH FROM HOOK (V STITCH MADE). *SKIP NEXT 2 CH, THEN (DC, CH2, DC) IN NEXT CH. REPEAT FROM * UNTIL LAST 3 CHAINS. SKIP 2 CH, DC IN LAST CH. 

ROW 2: CH 3, TURN (DC, CH 2, DC) IN EACH CH 2 SPACE ACROSS. DC IN TOP OF TURNING CHAIN.

REPEAT ROW 2 UNTIL YOUR BLANKET IS YOUR DESIRED SIZE.

ADD FRINGE IF DESIRED.









While blankets are very time consuming to crochet, it is a great feeling of accomplishment every time I finish one! I've already got a few more patterns up my sleeve for the next one.

WHat is your favorite thing to crochet?



2 comments: