Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Chalky Hearts Sugar Scrub



Looking for something small to give your girlfriends for Valentine's Day? This Chalky Heart Sugar Scrub is the perfect gift! 

The past few years, I have filled a vase with chalky hearts for decoration. Every year, I think it is such a waste to just throw them away, but I don't really want to eat them after they've been sitting out for a month either. Last year, I decided to throw them all in a Ziploc bag to save for this year.

Instead of decorating with them, I chopped them up in my blender and added them to my sugar scrub. The end result: Chalky Hearts Sugar Scrub!


INGREDIENTS:
2 cups of sugar, 1/4 cup of coconut oil, 1/2 cup of chalky hearts, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)


WHAT TO DO:
1. Heat cocnut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
2. Combine coconut oil and sugar. Mix well.
3. Chop chalky hearts in blender. Stir into sugar mixture.
4. Add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla (optional to give it a scent) 





It is so easy and inexpensive to make, and your girlfriends are guaranteed to love it!


Do you pass out goodies to your friends/family for Valentine's Day? If so, what kinds of things do you make?







3 comments: