Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring-Inspired Split Pea Decorative Balls


Happy Spring!

This weekend was a much needed relaxing weekend. When I wasn't sitting in front of the TV watching basketball, I was getting things done around the house, including a few projects! I was able to put away all the St. Patrick's Day decor and get a great start to my Spring vignette which I can't wait to show you all!

A large part of my Spring vignette inspiration came from these spring inspired split pea decorative balls! The color could not be any more spring-y if you ask me! I've decorated with split peas in the past, but nothing like these beautiful decorative balls. 


To make them, I used three styrofoam balls and hot glued split peas all over them. Prior to using the hot glue, I had tried elders glue and mod podge. Unfortunately, I did not have any luck with either, so I went straight for my trusty hot glue gun.



It turned out to be a pretty simple project, and I think the final product is amazing! 
And like I said before, I can't wait to show you the full vignette soon!

Have a happy Monday!


7 comments:

  1. Ooh I like these a lot. Think I'll have to make some! Can't wait to see your spring vignette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea, looks so cool! Pinned and following you on FB! Visiting from This Momma's Meandering Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Visiting from Meandering Mondays. This is really cool and I like the texture it adds to your decor! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the touch of spring those make! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. They're so Spring-y!!! I love this ~ featuring you on Merry Monday tonight at 6pm PST. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so incredible! Loving it! Pinned and tweeted. Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete