Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy September!

Ahh, September! While it approached quickly, I can definitely say I am not disappointed. Over the past few years, Fall has become my absolute favorite season (here's why). I am sad to see our days of boating and sunbathing leave, but here are some things I am looking forward to this fall:

1. Witches Brew- I saw this wine on sale at Meijer last week and grabbed 2 bottles. With the cool weather today, I couldn't help but break into a bottle. Two bottles later, Adam and I decided to walk to get some more (it wouldn't have been smart for either of us to drive). I forgot how delicious this stuff is, and I plan to be stocked up with Witches Brew for months to come.



2. Yankee Candle Fall Scents- There is nothing I love more than lighting candles! I get it from my mom, and sometimes I have at least one candle burning in each room. It gets to be a serious problem. Well, a new Yankee Candle store opened up this weekend in the city I work. My country music station was making a huge deal out of this and giving away $35 gift cards every morning. Well, I was one of the lucky caller number nines, because I won! I was so incredibly excited that whole ten minuted of calling, winning, giving my info, and finishing my drive to school is a complete blur! I can't wait to get my hands (and nose) on some of their new fall scents!!


3. Pretty Leaves, Falling Leaves- I love when the leaves change colors, and I love when they fall and cover the ground. I even kind of enjoy raking them, and its a good thing because we have a lot of trees. Last year, Lucy even loved playing in them. I can't wait to see what she does this year!



4. CMU Football- I am not a huge football fan, but I do love me some Chippewa football. Saturday was their first game, and it was brutal, they got killed. Something about college football season takes me right back to that tailgating parking lot, and right back to that stadium dressed in my maroon and gold. It makes me feel like I'm still in college, and I really hope we are able to make it to a game this year! But until then, we will keep flying our flag and cheering on our team from the comfort of our home.

5. Caramel Apples and Apple Cider- I love love love  all the fall goodies that you can't get any other time of the year. I can't wait for some hot apple cider to touch my lips for the first time this year. 
I also can't wait to watch Hocus Pocus and Double, Double, Toil in Trouble repeatedly while making seasonal decorations. Adam is going to hate me.
What are your favorite things about Fall?