Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dinette: Before & After


Well folks, as promised in last weeks post about our kitchen repaint, it is time to show off our dinette.

Here is what the dinette looked like when we moved in:


And here it is a few many months later.


View from the living room:


View from garage/back door and laundry area:

The table is a hand-me-down from my parents. They got it as a wedding gift nearly 30 years ago. You can view my centerpiece and how i made it here. The china cabinet is from my grandmother. We debated for a while about where to out it, and we finally settled for the dinette. It fit nicely in that corner and matched our kitchen cabinets perfectly. We filled it with some of our china pieces, vases, and glasses that we received as wedding gifts, as well as some of my grandma's teapots and hand painted pieces. Our champagne flutes and cake topper from our wedding are also showcased in there. 

My favorite part of the dinette is the brown shelf I found in downtown Bay City. I loved it the second I saw it, and didn't realize until I got it home home perfectly it fit with my wine theme. It matches my cork cage and looks great with my other accessories. 

cork cage: cork n' ale; vines and grapes: hobby lobby; wine picture: kohls; "wine & dine" canvas: homemade



Does anyone else have a theme for their kitchen area, or am I just weird?
Any fun wine cork project suggestions? As you can see I've got a bit of a collection going.