Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tutorial: The Letter M



I decided I needed a little something else to go with the wedding vow canvas we made a while back. So I made an "M" for our initial to place next to it at the reception.

Supplies:
Paper Mache Letter
Paint
Scrapbook Paper
Mod Podge
Ribbon


Directions:
First, I spray painted my paper-mache "M" with black spray paint. 



When the paint was dry, I traced out my letter and then had to decided where I wanted each pattern to be (this was a little tricky because everything is opposite of what you trace). Also, I made sure my paper was a little smaller than the letter so it would seal off properly. Another thing to note, the papers should all be the exact same width so they match up perfectly. This part took me a long time to make things perfect.



Next, I got out the mod podge and went to town. I used the mod podge like glue first. I spread it out all over the letter and placed/glued the paper to the letter. Then, I spread another layer of mod podge over the paper.

Once everything dried, I added a piece of ribbon to finish it off. 


I love the way it looks with the wedding vow canvas! It will match our wedding decor perfectly :)