Tuesday, May 15, 2012

First Day Of Classes


After a year and a half of searching for a full time job in my field, I have decided to go back to school. I like to say that I still haven't figured out what I want to do when I grow up, but that isn't necessarily true. The truth is, I would love to shop, craft, blog, and watch TV for the rest of my life, but society and finances tell me I can't. I figured I need to start doing something with my life (before I start popping out babies), so I have decided that I liked school so much the first time, I am ready to take another go at it.

This past winter, I applied to Saginaw Valley State University to pursue a Master's degree in Occupational Therapy. After pulling a few strings and meeting with the head of the department, I was able to take quite a few courses off my load, but I still have about 10-12 undergraduate classes to take before applying to the Master's program. More undergrad classes... just what every college graduate wants to hear, right?

Well, there's no time like the present, so I registered for Spring classes, and then registered again for Fall classes. If things work out, I will be applying to the Master's program this Winter, and starting graduate coursework Spring 2013. Two years of graduate classes and a few internships later, I will be a Certified Occupational Therapist. At least that's the plan anyways :)


Today is the day! I am was very excited to start a few classes today, until I read the syllabus for each class. Projects...quizzes...papers...exams...But like I said, I love school.


Although I will always be a CHippewa at heart, as of today, I am a Cardinal! Woohoo!

Has anyone else decided to go back to school after taking a long break? Did you find it easy or difficult the second time around? Anyone have any words of encouragement as I start this new adventure?