Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Mason Jar Lanterns


I have really been enjoying decorating our backyard this year, and I decided it's time to show you what we've been up to, starting with these DIY Mason Jar Lanterns. 

I saw these adorable Outdoor Tuna Can Lanterns from In My Own Style and knew I wanted to recreate them. I showed them to Adam, and in the matter of an afternoon, he had them complete! I decided on Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint (the same color I used to paint my ceiling fans) and instead of hurricane vases, I used mason jars. I stuck some citronella candles in them to finish the project off.

 Diane has posted a great tutorial for making these lanterns HERE.




I love these mason jar lanterns because they look great, but also because they help light the patio and keep the bugs away. Win, win... win!

Happy Wednesday!