Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Yellow Chalk Paint Nightstand


I have been wanting to make over a piece with chalk paint for over a year, and I finally pulled the plug! I will introduce you to this beautiful yellow nightstand, but first... a BEFORE picture. 


We got this cute little table from Adam's grandma when she was moving out and selling her home. I figured if no one else wanted it, I might as well take it home and paint it. I decided to add it to the guest bedroom, so I painted it a bright yellow.

I used FolkArt's Home Decor Chalk Paint in Yellow Crochet. You can buy this paint at Joann Fabrics for around $8 (even les if you use a coupon). 

I think it really POPS against the blue walls and white comforter. 





Slowly but surely, this room is coming together. I am just so excited to finally have a grey, yellow, and blue color scheme in one of the rooms in my house!


3 comments:

  1. I love this so much! It looks great with your wall color, I agree! I know it's a silly dream, but I want to one day have side tables by our bed. We haven't had an apartment big enough yet, and I just use our bookshelf next to our bed for now. But this helps motivate me that one day it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Melanie! Love the color and the basket is perfect! Would love it if you shared it at our link party on my blog please :)
    Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow! I've never used chalk paint before...did you have to do any sanding or prep work? Was it easy to work with?

    ReplyDelete