Monday, October 6, 2014

Halloween Camping: A Tradition Seven Years In The Making


This past weekend, we headed to Metamora, Michigan for the annual Halloween Camping Trip. It is by far my favorite camping trip every single year. Every year, we seem to recruit more campers and we always have day visitors on Saturday as well. They have trick-or-treating on Saturday night, and all the campsites are usually decked out in Halloween decor.

Our theme this year was a haunted tailgate/football game. 



It was the ghosts(Eastern) versus the skeletons (Central), and since Adam was in charge of making the score board, CMU won. We were all decked out in our CMU gear. Adam's mom had bought their dog a "rufferee" costume, and we searched everywhere for a CMU jersey for Lucy to wear but had no success. Finally on Tuesday night, I thought to myself, "why can't I just crochet her a sweater?" So that is what I did. 


Didn't it turn out great!? The whole time I was making it, I had my  doubts that I could actually pull it off. When I finished it Thursday night, I was so excited that it actually fit her!

As I said before, Halloween camping is something we do every year. Adam has grown up going on this camping trip every year, and when we started dating seven years ago, I joined in on the fun. We have had gorgeous fall weather, hot summer weather, and cold rainy weather (this year). You just never know what to expect when you camp in October. 

Now for your viewing pleasure, I have pulled together some pictures from past Halloween Camping trips. We looked so young all the way back in 2007!

2013:

2012:


2011:


2010:

2007:


Well, there ya have it, our fun October tradition!
Do you have any nontraditional traditions that you would never think to miss out on? I'd love to hear about them!


3 comments:

  1. That is seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen! How fun to have such a great tradition like that! Very impressed with your crocheted sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big camper but this looks like a lot of fun. Y'all go all out! And that sweater you made.. amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun tradition! I am so impressed that you crocheted a sweater for your dog! I have to follow a pattern or it would never turn out haha

    ReplyDelete