Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Homemade Apple Cinnamon Dog Treats

As October is quickly approaching, I think it's only fair that our fur babies should be able to enjoy the scents and tastes of Fall, too!  I whipped up some of these homemade apple cinnamon dog treats this weekend and Lucy is just loving them! These are pretty simple to make, so go ahead, get your Betty Crocker on and spoil your favorite four-legged friends this season! 

INGREDIENTS
1 large apple
1/4 cup of honey
1/2 cup of water
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 cup of oatmeal
1 1/2 cups flour



DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Peel, core, slice, and mince the apple. (I just made sure to chop the apple very finely)

2. Combine the apple, honey, water, cinnamon, and oatmeal in a large bowl

3. Gradually add in the flour

4. Roll dough out until it is about 1/4" thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out desired shapes and sizes.

5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool before feeding to your precious pooch!


I have a feeling I will be making multiple batches of these this Fall! 

So now the big question is: If I make homemade dog treats, does that make me a crazy person?
I like to think it makes me a money saver...





3 comments:

  1. I know you did this post a while back, but I bookmarked it, this is going to be a great home made treat for my kids to do for our dog and to give to some friends who have pooches for Christmas. I love it thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack is going to make some for Mad and Cub this weekend. I pinned this a while back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your doggies love them as much as Lucy!

      Delete