Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Anniversary Series: The Wedding


It is so hard to sum up our wedding in just one post, but I will try my best!

When we were planning our wedding, the most important thing to us was that it be FUN! Adam and I have so much fun together, so we thought it was important that on our wedding day, everyone have fun with us. When the morning of the wedding came, I never felt nervous, not once. I could not wait to see my groom standing at the end of the aisle waiting for me, and I could not wait for him to see me in my beautiful wedding gown. 


After months of planning, the day had finally arrived, and I could not wait to be MRS. Adam Muszynski!
I spent the morning with my girls getting my hair and makeup done and dancing and singing "Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married" over and over and over. When we arrived at the church, I slipped into my gown and got pictures taken with my bridesmaids. I was then tucked away into our bridal suite where we cracked open a bottle of wine and relaxed. My flower girl ended up running into the room with a letter from Adam, and as I read it I thought to myself  "I am the luckiest girl in the world to be spending the rest of my life with this man."

I remember peaking through the curtains of the bridal suite and watched as guest after guest was seated thinking "Wow! All of these people are here to see Adam and I get married." And before I knew it the bridal party was lining up, and I was about to make my grand entrance. 




As I stood at the back of the church, I couldn't keep my eyes off my handsome groom. It took about 2.5 seconds for the tears to stream down Adam's cheeks. The ceremony was over in a flash... quickest catholic mass ever, at least for us. All of a sudden we were kissing and making our way back down the aisle as husband and wife!


We took pictures right after the ceremony and finally had a few moments to ourselves (well almost) during our private photo session. It was great to have some "alone" time, but the bridal party was waiting for us and the reception was about to start. 

We were welcomed in to the reception as Mr. and Mrs. to the song "I Gotta Feeling" and the song could not be more fitting. We did things a little differently and cut the cake before dinner, and as you can see, we got more on our faces than we did in our mouths. 


We shared our first dance together to "Then" by Brad Paisley. It was one of those songs that we knew the first time we heard it that on our wedding day, it would be the song we would dance to. Our time together on the dance floor was amazing. While all eyes were on us, it was great knowing that it was the first time all day we were able to converse without anyone hearing us. The song was over before we knew it, and we joined our bridal party at the head table.


The night only continued to get better from there. The toasts before dinner from our best man and maid of honor were seriously the best! I know that's a crazy thing to say, because who wouldn't think that one their wedding day, but both really did a great job of embarrassing Adam, complimenting me, and keeping the crowd laughing.


It wasn't long before dinner was over and everyone, and I mean literally EVERYONE was out on the dance floor. Remember when I said we wanted the day to be fun? Well it was a freaking blast. We hired a band from our town called CEYX and they play anything and everything. They knew how to get everyone on the dance floor and how to keep them there. The dance floor was full the.entire.night.


Overall, we had a fabulous day. It was perfect in every single way and we could not have asked for anything more. We got hitched, we were surrounded by family and friends, and we had an absolute blast! In fact, it was so much fun we have received multiple requests from wedding guests asking if we could throw another party like that for our anniversary every year. 



I really don't feel like I did our day justice in this post. It is hard to sum up the best day of our lives in just a few short paragraphs! If you would like to read more about our day, check out the following posts:


Also, come back tomorrow for the fourth and final post in the anniversary series: the honeymoon. And in case you missed any of the other posts in our anniversary series, you may view them here: