Friday, August 28, 2015

Our Home: Three Years Later


July marked three years in our first home! While we have done a lot this year as well, I have been putting off this Home Tour post in order to finish a few things so they were just right. Unfortunately, we still haven't gotten around to some of those things. Finally, I took pictures of the house anyways, telling myself that this is all about documenting the progress we've made to our home. I shouldn't care if the guest room isn't just so, the shelves didn't get hung in the half bathroom, or that I am still not thrilled with the living room. So, here I am after much procrastination to proudly show off our home, imperfections and all. 


The Living Room








This year, the living room has been almost at a stand still. I may have switched out my pillow cases a couple dozen times and created a wood plank coffee table, but otherwise, the living room has remained the same. I still love the coziness of this room to relax, blog, entertain, and of course binge-watch netflix during the winter months. 

Currently, Adam is in the process of building wall shelves for the left side of the television, we found a new entertainment center, AND I want to paint the buffet an antique white. 

Living Room Projects:


The Dinette and Kitchen:






I mentioned wanting to transition my kitchen to brighter blues and greens throughout, so I have been slowly but surely making head way with this. 

I am still waiting on that tiled back splash (Rome wasn't built in a day ya know). Oh, and can I please paint my cabinets white already!? 


The Master Bedroom:







I'm still loving the master bedroom! Like the kitchen and living room, it hasn't changed much in the last year. I added some new decor on the dressers, but otherwise it remains unchanged. If it's not broke, don't fix it, right?

I still want to stencil the bed wall, and also would like to create a small gallery near the nightstand. And wouldn't a barn door on the closet be breathtaking?

Master Bedroom Projects:


The Guest Room: 





While this room is still under construction, the changes that have been made are amazing. I have always wanted a blue, yellow, and gray room so this room really excites me! We purchased a new WHITE comforter last summer and I haven't looked back. While it's been a chore keeping Lucy off of it, it is 100% worth it. I also made curtains and used chalk paint to create a yellow nightstand. 

I still need to finish this room by redecorating the dressers (and possibly paint them) and add some flair to the walls. I would also love to make a headboard for this bed and paint all the trim white.

Guest Room Projects:


The Home Office: 







Even the home office gt a few upgrades this past year. For starters, I bought that cute little chest of drawers from Hobby Lobby which has been perfect to store some of my craft supplies. I also scored those curtains at Marshall's on clearance for $15 this Spring. And did you happen to catch the sneak peek of my new craft closet?! I swoon.

Home Office Projects:


The Main Bathroom:

 

I have literally done nothing to the main bathroom in the past year, but that's okay. This winter I would love to tackle painting the walls and staining the cabinets a java color.

Eventually I would also love to swap out that ugly mirror and get new hardware, too.

Bathroom Projects:


The Hallway:


I am still thrilled with these shelves at the end of our hallway, it's one of the first things people comment on when coming over, even though it's kind of hidden. So either these shelves are really as awesome as I think they are, or I need to really up my game with the rest of the house... probably a little bit of both. 



The Laundry Room:



Finally, some BIG changes! Our laundry room has been repainted, and I even got that shelf between the cabinets and laundry machines. As you can see, we went with a very bright blue for the laundry room and I absolutely love it! The rug and the walls are a little too matchy-matchy for me, but I'm just not ready to give up that rug quite yet.  Otherwise, I love how this room is coming together!


The Half Bathroom:


Since the half bathroom is right off the laundry room, we decided to paint them the same color. Seriously, I love the bright color. I plan to accent with a little coral and a lot of white. Since taking these pictures, I also hung a white shelf above the toilet to place some fun decor. Hopefully this year, I can finish this room off and have a full reveal, so consider this your sneak peek. 


The Front Yard:







The BIGGEST change this year was outside! That's right, we installed vinyl siding on the front of our house and gave the rest of the house a fresh coat of paint! I have always dreamed of owning a gray house, and now I do! We also updated the light fixtures, painted the front door, bought new down spouts, and "decorated" the garage. 

If you really want to see how much this has changed, go check out last years home tour here.

Front Yard Projects:
Garage Door Makeover-Installing Vinyl Siding-Personalized Mailbox(not pictured)


The Back Yard:






The backyard is my favorite place to relax during the summer months. Those vibrant adirondack chairs are still a staple, along with the hammock perfect for napping on the weekends. When we installed new siding to the front of the house, we also gave the rest a fresh coat of paint. We also built a pallet bar for when we entertain, and purchased a new patio set. I love the yard the way it is, but as with any other spot in our home, there are plenty of projects I would still like to do back here as well.

Backyard Projects:
Adirondack Chairs-Bush Removal-Fence-Landscaping-Garden-Hammock-DIY Outdoor Pallet Bar-Mason Jar Lanterns


I hope you enjoyed getting an inside look at our home. While some rooms may look the same, other areas of our home have had some big changes over the past year. With our to-do list still a mile long, I am sure we will have many more DIY projects and room makeovers to show off in the future. We really have been enjoying this never-ending process of making this house or home.

Want to see more? Check out our One Year Home Tour here and our Two Year Home Tour here.