Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas-Themed Initial Wall Collage


I have an initial wall collage that hangs right inside the front door. It started with mostly neutral colors, but this past Spring/Summer I added some bright colors to it including bright bright, yellow and green. I decided to take down the colorful M's and add a little more red and green to it for Christmas. I LOVE the way it turned out!


I started by making a Holly Berry Initial.


I cut the holly berries off the stems and used hot glue to attach them to the M individually. I added some chevron burlap and made a bow. I hung it on the white knob where our yellow M usually hangs. This would also be a great wreath for the front door if you made it larger. 




Next, I made a red framed initial.


I found the red frame at hobby lobby, spray painted an M green, and added white fabric for the background. It was so simple, but very effective :)



I also made a canvas M.
I  painted a canvas for a green green and traced an M onto some red chevron fabric to cut out and stick on the canvas. 



Three simple M's that changed the look of the entire collage.





But, most of all, I feel like it changed the feel of the entire living room!

Happy Monday Everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Such a fun way to change a small part of your decor, but have it make so much of a difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "M" gallery wall and the fact that you changed a few out for Christmas is such a great idea! I'm actually thinking of adding an "L" gallery wall somewhere in my house because I love yours so much!

    ReplyDelete