After work on Monday, I was going through emails and received a comment from Kylie at Absolutely Arkansas letting me know that she nominated me for a Liebster Award! I had heard of the award before, but never really thought I would be nominated and have the chance to nominate a few of my favorites.
So what is a Liebster Award? Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing & welcome. How nice is that!? This award is passed from blogger to blogger as a "keep it going!" award. It's for new bloggers with under 200 subscribers and is meant to encourage you to keep blogging... because you're great!
Along with the award, there are 11 questions that are asked to help your readers get to know you better. Here are the 11 that Kylie asked me:
1) What are you obsessing over right now in your home?
I am completely obsessing over my living room! I have so many ideas and so many projects that I want to do and seriously no time to do them. It has taken me weeks to finish some simple pillows, and I still want to make curtains, new shelving, and start a collage wall. So much to do, so little time!
2) What makes you say "seriously, get in my mouth"
Two things: The first is homemade popcorn on the stove with salt... lots of salt. And the second is vanilla ice cream topped with way too much chocolate sauce and a million peanuts.
3) What kind of blog comments make your heart twerk with delight? (Yes, I said twerk...for the 100th time)
I just love hearing that people have enjoyed my projects, but Kylie definitely made my day when she commented telling me I was nominated for this award :)
4) Shopping Spree! Where are you going?
Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Home Goods for sure! I may also hit up Yankee Candle and Bath and Body Works to satisfy my candle obsession (I actually already did this, but more on that later...). If I'm shopping for myself and not my home, then definitely Old Navy!
5) Chevron obsessed? or not digging the trend?
CHEVRON OBSESSED... for sure!
6) If you could only use three colors (not including white/black/neutrals) in your home for the rest of its life, what 3 colors would you choose?
Yellow, Light Blue, and Grey! Which is funny because I don't have that color scheme anywhere in my house right now, but I'm obsessed. I'm holding out for the basement though when we decide to take on the task of redoing that.
7) How do you blog-plan? Are you a simple-sister who taked it day by day? Or an OCD Diva that plans in advance?
I definitely take it day by day, and then have a hard time finding the time to do it during the week. I really wish I could be more organized with it and do all my planning on the weekends.
8) What are your thoughts on the word "Y'all"?
I honestly don't like it. My sister used to say it all the time when we were little, and it drove me crazy because we are from Michigan, no one says that in Michigan. I guess I blame her for my strong dislike of the word... unless a southern accent is involved.
9) Have you ever had a pin-tastrophie? Tell me about it.
I honestly can't think of one off the top of my head. The closest I have gotten is getting frustrated with a burlap table runner with ruffles. I got annoyed by the first side of ruffles, and never went back for the second side.
10) Are you obsessed with Katie Perry's new song "Roar" I GOT THE EYE OF THE TIGER! (I am...clearly)...if not, what music are you jammin' to right now?
I'm not sure I even know that song, but I am loving anything country!
11) What gets you up in the morning? (That's what it's all about, right?!)
My dog is usually the one to phsyically get me up in the morning, by nudging my hand to let her out of the bedroom. But in all seriousness, my husband and my doggie are the two things that keep me going, that and thinking of my future, when school is done and I am working as an OT. Only two and a half more years, yay!
Do you feel like you know me so much better now? Any other questions you would like me to answer, I would be happy to do so, just put it in the comments section and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
The cool thing about this award is that now I get to pass this award on. The new (or not so new) bloggers that I am totally loving right now are below. Go check these ladies out when you have a chance! I'm sure you'll love them!
And here are the questions for my Liebster nominees to answer in a post of your own! Don't forget to link back so we can create a fun community of new blog friends!
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What is your favorite project that you have made since blogging, or what is your favorite blog post? Leave a link so we can check it out!
3) What is your favorite room in your home?
4) What is your favorite holiday? Why? Feel free to tell us about some of your traditions for that holiday.
5) If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
6) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
7) What is something you would like to learn to do really well?
8) What are some of your favorite books you've read lately?
9) What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
10) What are three of your favorite online shopping websites?
11) What inspires you?
Nominees, all you have to do now is make your own Liebster Award post in which you answer the above 11 questions, and pick some of your favorite bloggers to nominate as well. The only rule is to pick bloggers who have under 200 subscribers. Have fun!
Thank you so much Kylie for your nominating me, and thank you to all my followers for being so supportive. It really is what makes blogging that much more fun and inspires me to continue creating!